Is your English proficiency below the requirement for admission? You might be eligible for the Intensive Summer ESL Course!
International students coming from overseas who want to attend De Anza but have not scored high enough on one of the acceptable English proficiency tests* can be admitted in the next fall quarter after successfully completing a summer ESL (English as a Second Language) preparatory course: ESL 244.
*Scores needed to be eligible for the Summer ESL Course:
TOEFL iBT- 52-60
Duolingo- 45-49 DET
- Course only open to new international students coming from overseas (students transferring from another U.S. college or language school should apply for regular fall admission)
- Students applying for the Summer ESL Course must also complete the International Student
Application form and intend on enrolling full time at De Anza after successfully completing
- Be admitted to De Anza after successfully completing ESL 244 WITHOUT re-taking the TOEFL, IELTS, etc.
- Receive 10 units of credit
- Get an early start on your studies and be better prepared for your academic courses at De Anza
- Become familiar with the campus and adjust to the culture of De Anza and the surrounding area
Download the Brochure/Application and submit it along with
The cost of $2,500 USD includes:
- $500 USD non-refundable administrative fees
- $2,000 tuition & mandatory health insurance fees***